Saturday, July 25, 2009

STILL LIFE by Joy Fielding

Called simply a novel, I had no idea what to expect when I began reading. When I finished, I came to the conclusion Still Life should be called a Novel of Suspense. It’s been a long while since I read a novel where I could hardly wait to read the next page.

Ms. Fielding has done a magnificent job of describing what it must be like to be in a coma. The main character, Casey, finds herself in a coma and for most of the book she is fighting her way out of it. Like we’ve often heard, Casey can hear what’s being said to her. Most of her visitors don’t think that’s possible and reveal some dreadful secrets.

Frankly, I was spell-bound by this book. Ms Fielding wove a web of intrigue filled with surprises and characters who weren’t what they appeared to be. Loved it!

Marilyn Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment