Thursday, July 30, 2009

Poison Pen by Sheila Lowe

Sheila Lowe, forensic handwriting expert in her real life, wrote Poison Pen about Claudia Rose, a handwriting expert. I had the privilege of meeting and spending quite a bit of time with Sheila at the Public Safety Writer Association's conference this past June. Because she was so interesting, I bought the book and I'm glad I did.

Lindsey, a friend of Claudia's is found dead in a hot tub in what is presumed to be a suicide. Claudia starts poking around when evidence points to too many people who wanted Lindsey dead.

Claudia teams up with a police detective to find out the truth--and yes, of course romance follows--but not without a lot of danger as they discover the unsavory secrets of some important people.

I definitely enjoyed Sheila's debut mystery and look forward to the next one in the series, Dead Write, which is due out next week.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment